Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Tagging!

Julie Baird , co-owner of Sweet Pea Scraps also tagged me. I am supposed to tell you 7 more random facts about myself. Aren't you having fun learning about me?

Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog:
Share SEVEN facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird...just 7 facts. :) Tag 7 people at the end of your post and make sure to let them know they've been tagged!

1. My favorite book series right now are the Dear Dumb Diary books. Yes, I know they are juvenile, but I LOVE 'EM! :D Last summer we were on an overnighter as a family and I didn't have anything to read while the kids were swimming. I started reading my daughter's Dear Dumb Diary Book (#1) and couldn't stop! These books are hilarious. Seriously! Give one a try. You will laugh your guts out! :D




2. I do not have a college degree. I went to college for a long time, but I just couldn't decide what to be. LOL! I studied Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Elementary Ed., Communications and Graphic Design. Pretty soon, I was married and having kids and I gave up! LOL! After all those classes, I'm sure I have a degree in *something*, I just don't know what it is! LOL! When I go back to school officially, I will get an Interior Design degree. Yep. I'm sure this time! ;)

3. It bugs me that sewing doesn't come easily for me. I'm a crafty person, . . . I can do almost any other kind of craft, . . . My mom and my MIL are both wonderful seamstresses . . . so why do all things textile freak me out????

4. If I could have a second home anywhere, it would be in Midway, Utah. What a gorgeous, charming place! Being in the mountains is my favorite place to be. Sunny, can I come live with you? ;)



5. I could pitter all day. I love taking the long way home. I love going for a drive with no destination in mind, just to see where you'll end up. I love taking back roads to places, just for a different view. I like finding hidden restaurants and stores that are "secret treasures". I don't like things that are mainstream. :D

6. If something has a million little pockets or compartments or drawers and hidden secret places . . . I sooooooo want it. Something about those little nooks of discovery just draw me in. A few weeks ago I saw this chest of drawers that was a bright tangerine color with hot pink, cream and maroon drawers with a million little compartments that opened in all kinds of ways. It was the ugliest thing, but I soooo wanted it just so I could fill it up with "stuff". It was a good thing Kevin was with me to hold me back, because I would've bought it "just because". LOL! I would have no where to put it, but I would have loved it and cared for it just because it had personality. LOL! Infact, just typing about it makes me wish I would have bought it. It was THAT unique and cool! It looked a little something like this (see picture below) but was funkier colors. Wouldn't that be fun to store scrappy stuff in? :D :D :D It was even on sale. :( :( :( (Another weakness of mine!)



7. I am scared of deep water. It used to not phase me, but now I get all creeped out swimming in the ocean or Lake Powell. I think it's beautiful, I just don't like the feeling of not knowing what is beneath me. LOL!

*****************************

Now it's your turn to tell me some random facts about you. Who else do I know that hasn't been tagged recently? I'm asking these gals to play along if they feel up to it. :D :D :D Anne-Marie Teo , Nicole Stark , Greta Adams , Michele Kovack , Deanna Misner , and Molly Peckham

*****************************

I'll leave you with the projects I created with the November BackPorch Medley Kit.

{My} Dew! - Camryn has a bit of an obsession with soda. Can you tell? LOL! Yeah. I think we need to keep working on those "sharing with your sister" skills. I used a sketch I made from a layout by A. Peterman as the inspiration for this one.
Together - It was fun to be with my family together again for a vacation (Leslee, we missed you!). Biker Chick - This layout was done using the BPM Newsletter sketch designed by Becky Fleck.

Leftover Containers - I know. These are kind of dorky and I don't even know if I'll end up using them, but I always buy a bunch of Gladware containers for Thanksgiving so that we can swap our leftovers with each other after dinner. I thought it might be fun to decorate them this year . . . you know, sort of a grown-up version of a party favor? LOL!




Kids Thanksgiving Table Placecards/Coloring Books - I LOVED this Martha Stewart idea the second I saw it! Here is a link to the directions and template.


Thanks!

Jana

P.S. Elizabeth, I saw your comment and I want you to know that I haven't forgotten about posting some pics of my new scrap room. ;) I took some pictures today. They didn't turn out the greatest (overcast/dreary day), but I will post them in the next day or two. Thanks for the reminder!

10 comments:

  1. I would call you normal! I love that chest of drawers...want one just like it. Your layout with the Paper Crate is just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will get to this tag asap...and will you please ugly up a layout for us...ya killin me smiles :)

    love the gald ware idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL,i just had to do a tag today too . I listed " negative " type things about myself, well not all but some, lol .... LOVE these layouts girlfriend !! Hey show us your new scrappy room all set up , i love all things "home" so i love seeing that kinda stuff . HGTV all the way !!
    HUGS
    XXXX
    JENN

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, be jealous... I get to spend Thanks Giving in Midway at Sunny's house, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual I LOVE the pages!!! I like your new sidebar pic of you too :) Thanks for playing along with the tag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo... your sidebar pic IS adorable! Nice...

    And you KNOW I totally *heart* your layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl you can even make plastic containers look fabulous! you make me sick;) thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm going to make those coloring books too!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Karma! :( I'm totally jealous!!! Have a great time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...