Thursday, October 2, 2008

WIP Project and a Fun Digi Challenge

The Final Inspection for our house is this afternoon. The carpet still isn't finished, but apparently it doesn't need to be for the inspection. LOL! So keep your fingers crossed that we pass and we can get this move overwith! :D WooHOOOO! I'm sure we'll have a punchlist to fix, but one can hope, right?!

I have one more project for you with the October Work In Progress Main Kit. About a year ago, my LSS was offering a class to make this adorable framed Family Tree artwork. I LOVED it! But couldn't make my schedule fit for the time the class was being offered. :( I had forgotten all about it until I was brainstorming what I wanted to do for my project with the kit. I was thinking about Fall, leaves, trees and then it popped back into my brain! Yay! I decided to recreate my own and share this adorable idea with everyone. :D So whoever came up with this idea initially . . . THANK YOU! I still need to finish writing all the names of my extended family on the leaves, but you get the idea. Instead of a frame, I used a piece of cardboard from one of my shipping boxes. :D




I made up the trunk just looking at a picture of a family tree image googled on the internet. For the leaf I found a template on EnchantedLearning.com I copied and pasted it several times in a word processing program and then printed it on the wrong side of my cardstock. Easy peasy to cut out and you'll never see the black printing lines on the back. :D



Yesterday, I got an email from Cheryl who hosts a Paper2Digi Challenge at Get Digi With It. This time around they are lifting one of my layouts to recreate/interpret digitally. How cool is that?! THANK YOU for using my layout! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Follow along with me HERE.

Well, that's it for today! I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how the house inspection went. Have a great day!

Jana

6 comments:

  1. Yeihhh im so glad i found your blog, you are an amazing designer, i think i could just sit here and wath your stuff fot hours!!!
    Thanks for sharing1
    ♥-Malin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just love the tree idea...is that just a single paper you used in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is 1/4" strips of paper adhered to a cream cardstock base. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love it! I want to try it. It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page Jana! How beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...