Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yummy Pumpkin Recipe

I hadn't yet made anything with pumpkin for the season so last night I pulled out my Kraft Food & Family magazines (if you don't subscribe to these, you need to! Soooo many delicious recipes that are easy and family friendly!) and found this delicious recipe in the Fall 2007 issue.

I just HAD to share it here because it is a new FAVORITE! YUUUUUUMMMMMMM! If you like Spice Cake you will LOVE this cake. :) It is so moist and delicious . . . definitely family party or potluck perfect! :D (photo from Kraft Foods website)



PUMPKIN SPICE FROSTED SNACK CAKE

1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
3 eggs

FROSTING:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Great 9 X 13-inch baking pan; set aside. Beat cake mix, pumpkin, dressing and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until well blended. Spread over cooled cake. Cut into pieces to serve. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm! looks sooo good! I was going to tell you on your last post too...I cannot believe how big your kids are getting!!!!! It's so fun watching them grow up on paper! heeehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, thanks for sharing this recipe. I have a container in the frig filled with pumpkin (I had to open one of those HUGE cans to get one cup for another recipe last week!) I also have received Kraft's Food & Family mags for years. They are a great source for quick, easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun recipe, thanks! I'm sure I have that issue, ought to crack them open every now and then... =)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...