Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Something's Fishy Here

Most kids bring home dandelions, rocks, sticks, etc. on their way home from school.

Owen? . . . well, . . . last week he brought home a rainbow trout. HUH?!!! I know!!! LOL! I guess the 4th graders were having their Mountain Man Rendezvous and they were for sale at one of the booths. ??? So, . . . Owen somehow bummed a fish off of a 4th grader.



He played with this fish in the ziploc for two days straight (keeping it in the refrigerator in the garage when not in use). He took it on walks around our yard, bounced it on the trampoline, let it "swim" (in it's bag) in the creek next to our house . . . LOL! He was having a great time and wanted to keep it forever, but I told him it was time to let it go. Sooo, we had a little fishy-photoshoot and sent his friend to fish heaven in the dumpster. Silly kid!!!



So how was your weekend? The weather here was GORGEOUS!!!! We went to the park, played in the sprinklers and took a two-hour four-wheeler ride in the mountains near our home. Hoping to do all that again this coming weekend! :D

I have a few things to tell you about. My friend Virginia Tillery is going to be teaching a class at Noel Mignon very soon. Here's a flyer about it:



I'm already signed up! I can't wait!!! If you'd like to come and join me, CLICK HERE to read more about it and/or to sign up!

I also have a couple new layouts to share with you. This first one was created for Creative Scrappers Sketch #52 where I am the Guest Designer this week. What a fun sketch! Most everything is from the Noel Mignon Penny Arcade kit with the exception of some sequins, beads, and Prima flowers from my stash (I knew I'd use those bottled flowers again SOMEDAY! LOL!).





This other one was created with supplies from Ally Scraps. I had a lot of fun mixing manufacturers on this one. I have a little bit of everything: My Mind's Eye, Sassafras Lass, We R Memory Keepers and Fancy Pants. The small chipboard letters are by Maya Road. I dragged them across an ink pad to give them the teal color. LOVE how many letters come in that set! I've already spelled out titles for three pages and have tons left!




Thanks, friends, for coming by!
Until next time!
Jana

7 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the bit about him talking the 4th grader out of the rainbow trout. That's a classic moment. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmmm, love those flourishes & the Sassafras Lass!!! Beautiful. Thanks for the note about the class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love looking at your layouts...they are oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layouts Jana...I love the "fishy" pics and I am sure we are going to see another beautiful layout with them on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up on that class.....I'm totally signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully my kids have never brought home a fish........lol.That was too cute.A great layout could come from those photos for sure.

    I love what you did with all of your layouts.I love your endless supply of layout ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...