Monday, February 25, 2008

Learning to Use Inspiration As It Strikes



I walked through the room where my kids were watching T.V. and on the screen was an image that struck me as soon as I saw it. I don't know what they were watching, but it appeared to be a blurb about a children's artist and they were showing some of his/her work. The image that caught my eye was a painting the artist had done of a tree. The tree had red branches and in the branches were dozens of birds in bright, primary colors.

I thought to myself, "That would be really cute on a scrapbook page!" Normally, I would just think my thought and go on with my daily stuff and probably forget all about it. This time, I went straight to my scrap room, pulled out my Noel Mignon Gingersnap and Passionate kits and went to work.

Instead of birds, I used buttons to suggest a tree full of bright fall colors to go with these fall pictures of my children. I can't say it turned out as cute as the artist's painting but I had a lot of fun creating it!

So now I'm going to challenge you . . . Next time you see a fun idea, don't file it away in your brain. Go scrap it right away!

9 comments:

  1. Dang girl, not that's MOJO! I don't get that too often! It takes me days to let the inspiration set in. Haha. Love that page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOVE* it! Love all the stiching, love the buttons, they remind me of leaves. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what an awesome layout! Definitely scraplifting that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing that lately too, thus the awesome layout with the Chelsea's Place line you saw at CA!! It's nice when things work, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' that layout Jana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea and inspiration, and the layout turned out wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous layout! I love the tree and buttons and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is TERRIFIC!!! You are so talented, Jana!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...