Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm joining the blogging world!

I've been dragging my feet on this for a long time, not sure it would be for me. But, here I am ready to give it a whirl!

My husband thinks I'm a little silly, wondering why I would want the world to have access to my personal thoughts and more. But, I feel like it will be a good thing to get my creative juices flowing and have a place to record my daily thoughts and ponderings.

So, . . . for today . . . I'll explain to you why I chose the name "From My Feathered Nest" as the name of my blog. Doesn't it sound a little country-romantic? Hee hee! Love that!

I was driving through Salt Lake City a couple of years back and passed a little home decor shop called the Feathered Nest. I loved it! I've thought about it since and that is what I want my home to feel like. A place where mom has put thought into the details of things, made it beautiful, and made it a warm, welcoming place. I love interior design. Can't say I'm that great at it, but I love the thought of taking the time to make your home a place where your family feels good. Surroundings, feelings, love and all!

I'm also an addicted scrapbooker, my subjects being, of course, my sweet little family! I want my children to have a record of our memories together. I want them to open our family scrapbooks and laugh and say, "Remember that!" I want them to know I felt our time together was important to me, and that I took the time to reminisce and record my thoughts about them as they grew.

My main subjects are my kids. I have four of them and they are the coolest people I know, along with my husband of course. I love their unique personalities and I love watching them take in the world and try to navigate through it. You'll see a lot of them through my work.

Lately I am trying to make the transition into doing more pages about myself. It's mostly a mental transition, I have yet to make a page about myself. But, . . . I have a few ideas jotted down that I just need to find some pictures for. I realized as I've enjoyed other people's work, that I need to include my own thoughts and feelings so my children and posterity will know a little something about the crazy lady behind all these scrapbooks.

So, stay tuned, I guess. And you can see how I do on this transition.

Until next time!
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...