Monday, December 27, 2010

Guest Blogging at Echo Park Paper

***Please Scroll Down for the My Mind's Eye 12 Designer's of Christmas Blog Hop***

I am so excited to be Guest Blogging at Echo Park Paper Blog today! I love their cute collections and was excited to play with their "Everybody Loves Christmas" collection. Don't the happy colors remind you of "visions of sugar plums?" :D

Here is the scrapbook page I created.









Patterned Papers & Sticker Elements: Echo Park Paper
Cricut Cartridge: Christmas Solutions Cartridge
Chipboard Letters: Making Memories
Buttons: Basic Grey

**********************************************************

I also wanted to share with you a project that I did for the My Mind's Eye blog recently.










Each year we like to make an ornament for each of our kids, and if possible, we love to add a current picture to their ornament. This ornament was created using the My Mind’s Eye Colorful Christmas collection from last year. I purchased the plastic ornaments at the craft store along with the clear filler beads (snow). These are quite easy to put together!


First, I opened the ornament and traced the diameter of the circle onto patterned paper. I then cut two pieces of patterned paper and adhered them back-to-back. On one side I added a photo of my child and the year. On the other side I added a chipboard character and chipboard snowflakes.

Before gluing the ornament shut I added white bead filler for the snow on each side of the ornament.

Add ribbons and a button finish the ornament off.

Thanks for stopping by today! I wanted to share this project for those of you who may still have Colorful Christmas in your stash, but it is really easy to switch out the current collections, too!

Hope you are enjoying your holiday!
Jana

12 comments:

  1. Your layout is fabulous, love how Santa is popped up. Your ornaments are so cute also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable and creative ornaments, and I love your EP layout! Congratulations on being their guest blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, those ornaments are just too cute! I love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just peachy, lol...love them all...especially the cute ornaments tfs, :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet layout. Just adorable. Great idea for the ornament, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and fabulous ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors in the ornaments, looks like a project I can make, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your Echo Park layout. The use of all the strips of paper is just fabulous!!! And, of course, you rocked the Cricut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh i love your echo park layout!! did you use the cover page that comes in the paper packs? It's genius! Loooove those ornaments too! Now I want to make my own ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Echo Park LO and the MME ornaments! Got to go find some of those plastic ornaments at the craft store for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet assortment of ornaments.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout! love how you use the strips of paper and layering the elements.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...