Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Mind's Eye July Top Ten & My Cute Stamps

My husband has had a few days off here-and-there and we've been taking full advantage of them and spending time together as a family. This is what we've been up to . . .

Four Wheeler Ride in the Mountains



We feel so lucky to live so close to the mountains . . . the access roads are just a few streets away. Once or twice a year we will pack a picnic, hop on the four-wheelers and head for the hills. This time we went for 3.5 hours. The whole time I had that song in my head "The Bear Went Over the Mountain . . . to see what he could see." And what did we see? The other side of the mountain . . . but we also found a beautiful mountain lake where we stopped to eat our lunch. The bugs were CRAZY though, I guess they like the smell of Jimmy John's sandwiches, too. The kids were screaming and we laughed as we stuffed our food in our mouths as fast as we could so we could get on our way. :)

LAGOON!



We have a sad little amusement park here in Utah called Lagoon. :) It doesn't even compare to places like Disneyland, it's more like a glorified carnival. But, hey! We atleast have SOMETHING, right?! :D We had a great time riding the rides and watching daddy win the kids stuffed animals at the Baseball Toss. :)

I actually do have a few projects to share with you today. The first one is the page I created for the My Mind's Eye July Top 10 post .



For our family, July is all about parades, picnics, and spending time with family. We celebrate the 4th of July with the rest of the country at the beginning of the month, but also look forward to celebrating Utah's statehood (Pioneer Day) on the 24th of July. It's a month long celebration! We get together with family to watch hometown parades, watch the kids scramble for candy, attend carnivals, and watch fireworks. We look forward to it every summer!



I created the title using the Just Chillin' design card and my Slice. Such a great font! The rub on letters and transparent piece are from an earlier My Mind's Eye collection called Bohemia.



I used the NEW Alphabet Soup Boy collection with a hint of the Lost & Found collection.

I also have a couple of cards to share with you today using My Cute Stamps . This is actually the last month of my term and I want to thank Holly for having me on the team this past little while. I love her stamps and will continue to add them to my collection! :) Thanks, Holly!

Thank You Card - Sweet Chocolate set



Aren't those chocolate-dipped strawberries the cutest?! In our town we have a chocolatier called Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolates. They have the best chocolate (and caramel corn) EVER. Whenever I need a gift for someone, they are the place I stop first. :) I thought it would be so fun to grab a box of their chocolate strawberries and take them to someone as a special "Thank You" gift with this card attached.



Happy Owl-oween! Card - Happy Owloween Set



It's no secret that Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday. How could I not end my term with My Cute Stamps by creating a fun Halloween card? :) This set is so much fun!



That's it for today!
Have a great weekend!
Jana

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I'm in LOVE with all of these. Your July Top Ten layout has a TON of photos....awesome. I definitely need to start doing that. :) And those cards are precious. You always inspire me to give my stamps a try. :D Oh, and those mountain photos are gorgeous. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! LOVE your mountain photos!!! Gorgeous!! I love all the photos you have on your LO! Your cards are so fun!! Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO and cards. Well you look life you have been having fun,family time is so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I was wondering...where/how do you make your wonderful photo collages? I love using collages on my pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, my, my goodness! Great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not left you a comment in ages (but always look!) and just HAD to tell you I love your layout and the cards!!!!!!! Super cuteness! You definitely have magic scrappy fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the parade LO is fantastic...my town has a fourth of July parade every year and I always have tons of good photos that I really want to use and just haven't been happy with any design ideas to scrap them but I absolutely LOVE the way you incorporated all of your photos onto the LO!!! thanks for the wonderful inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects :)

    I used to LOVE Lagoon as a kit. We'd go during our visits to cousins in Utah. So much fun! I loved playing Wack-a-Mole. Such good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you! I'm always in love with your creations. How you you continue to come up with stinking awesome designs?

    You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...