Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

Did I catch your attention?! YES! A meteor went through the sky last night, just after midnight. Here are the pictures from our security cameras (the time says 1:07 because we haven't changed the time when Daylight Saving Time changed). I was on my computer facing away from the computer, but Kevin saw it! He yelled up the stairs to me, "Jana! Did you see that?! Did you see that?!" It was about 8 seconds long, but I was lost in internet-surfing-world.

It was so bright, that it turned off the street lamp! It actually looks like mid-day in these pictures. How neat is that?!



GO HERE to see the local news coverage story. WOW!!! So cool!!!











***********************************************

Photobucket

The Cuttlebug Challenge Blog has asked me to come on as a designer and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! :D :D :D The gals over there are dripping with creativity. You should see the things they create with the Cuttlebug embossing folders!!! WOW!!! I love my Cuttlebug embossing folders and can't wait to push the limits in applying them to my scrapbook pages! WooHOOOO! Thank you, Maggie, for this wonderful opportunity!



Right now they are having a blog hop. Go to this post at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog for more information and to get started! Have fun!

Well, I had to make a page using the Cuttlebug to go along with my fun news. So here is one using the Robots Unplugged Collection by My Little Shoebox .




I used the Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder on the chipboard letters. To accent the texture I filled in each little circle with Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz by Shimmerz Paints . (I also accented the robot and his ice cream cone with Tickle Me Turquoise, Poinsettia Pink, and Key Lime Shimmerz. The ice cream cone is accented with Pixie Dust Blingz to make it sparkle.)



The circle die cut with the number "6" on it is embossed with the Stitched Circles embossing folder. I dragged a black ink pad across the raised area to highlight it. LOVE the look of it!




For the bookpaper ruffles, I used Eucalyptus and Baby's Breath Spritz by Shimmerz. Love the way it adds texture and dimension around the page.

I will start my official Design Team duties for the Cuttlebug Challenge blog in January. Watch for those projects beginning after the New Year.:D :D :D

Thanks for letting me share!
See you again soon!
Jana

15 comments:

  1. How cool to see the meteor. I thought it was cool about a week ago when I saw the space shuttle orbiting over New Mexico at night.
    Your meteor is a bit more exciting!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cool pictures! Love your layout (as always!) and Congrats on the new gig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us the meteor! I didn't get a chance to see it. LOVE your layout, especially the ruffle. Congrats on joining Cuttlebug. Looking foward to learning some new embossing techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat pictures! What a super fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - that rocks!! (hee, hee)

    Love the LO too, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome LO!!! Congrats on your DT!!

    Awesome pics!! They were saying that we would get a shower that night......but I missed it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I can't believe how bright that was...crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was amazing! I totally forgot about that meteor shower last night. My youngest want me to wake him up so he could see it. Oh well . . . at least I have your post to show him!

    As usual, your layouts are terrific. Congrats on being a guest designer at Cuttleug. I'll have to go check out their blog.

    Thanks for sharing the meteor footage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing! Love your LO too BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! That's one huge meteor!!! Very cool that you have caught it on tape!

    The lo is fab! Love the robot eating the ice cream.

    How are things? It's been a while since we chatted. Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that meteor! WOW!
    Jana, your layout is awesome!! Love the Shimmerz and the embossing on the letters!
    Welcome to Cuttlebug Design Team!!!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the metior!!!!TFS
    Welcome to the Team Jana WoW your creations and projects are `Amazing`:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, cool photos!!
    Congrats on the team... LOVE the bookpaper around the edge of the fun robot layout!! Great work as always Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard it on the news of the meteor!! That's amazing!!
    Your lay-out looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW that meteor thingie is hysterically cool! Scary but intriguing

    Anyway, I adore your layout Jana. Its so playful and fun. I wish we have My Little Shoebox here in the Philippines. Their papers are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...