Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping & Challenge Layout

We went camping over the weekend to Wasatch St. Park in beautiful Heber Valley, Utah. I'm not sure you can really call it "camping" because we stay in our trailer and go out to eat at the restaurants in Midway and Heber (5 to 10 minutes away)!!! LOL! But that is one of the reasons we like camping there so much! You get the mountain feel, yet you are close to dining and family activities. :)

Playing games in the trailer. That Maryn is such a ham! She used to be my good poser for the camera, but lately she just gives me these faces. Hmmmmmm. LOL!

Watercolor painting. The kids favorite part is hanging up their creations on the clothesline to dry afterwards. :)
Just around the corner from the campground is Wasatch St. Park Golf Course. They have a pond stocked with trout that kids can fish at for free. We pay a few dollars for worms and we're set for the afternoon! The kids LOVE it! You are allowed to take them home, but we just do catch-and-release.
Owen in Fishing-Heaven! Check out that grin! LOL!


Cam was a little freaked out about that wiggly fish!
It's fun to watch the fish in the bucket for a few minutes and then we let them go.


A new challenge is up at the Noel Mignon challenge blog! The challenge is to create a page about WHY you scrapbook. Why do you love this hobby so much? Why do you dedicate hours upon hours to this fun hobby?

Here is my page. This is the first time I've done a page without a photo. I thought I would really struggle with all that "blank space", but scrapbooking is something I am passionate about . . . I was glad to write down all my feelings about it. :)



So WHY do you scrapbook? Come on over and play with us! :)

See ya!
Jana

10 comments:

  1. I love your vacation photos...it looks like you had a lot of R&R:) I also love your layout without pics. Inspired me to go and scrap some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I love your blog! visit all the time and had to comment on this page!!!
    is very beautiful! love all the journaling spots and the ellements you used! I also think is hard to make a scrapbook page without a photo! but you managed to do it very well!
    love this!
    thanks for sharing so much inspiration on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping by to say "hello" and get a peek at your beautiful creations!! Looks like you all had lots of fun camping and got some great photos to boot! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart Mommy! It looks like you kept the kids busy and happy.

    I think the page with no picture turned out fabulous! Love the bird in the corner. Are you doing a book of yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jana!
    I can't believe you've never done a layout without a picture . . . you pulled it off beautifully!

    Looks like you all enjoyed the camping trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun trip!!!!! I bet it WAS wierd to do a LO with out a pic!! But you did a great job as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Lo it is still full of interest without the photo.
    Looks like your 'camping' trip was a little different to ours, well we did have the great British weather to contend with. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's MY kind of camping - except for the wiggly worms! Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh, you were right here in my backyard! It's probably a good thing I didn't know...I totally would have crashed your party and popped over to meet you, lol. Just kidding. kind of. ;)

    Glad you had a fun little getaway!

    I love your layout - and the journaling rings so true to me - I could have written most of it myself! Super fun page! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...