Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Winner and a Flower Technique

Hey Everyone!

Sorry, I haven't been around as much as I usually am . . . I've been working hard on some projects for CHA. (Pssst. The new Bella Blvd. collections are ADORABLE!!! You'll want to keep your eye out for them! ;) ) I wish I could show you my projects, but alas! I have to keep them "secret" until the end of this month! ;)

******************************


I do have a WINNER to announce!!! Thank you to everyone who participated in the Urban Anthology Birthday Blog Hop! It was so fun hearing about your traditions and seeing the layout you made using all the elements from each of the DT!!! The Birthday Queen will be announced on the Urban Anthology blog soon.

THE WINNER of MY Blog RAK (a $5 gift card to the Urban Anthology store) is . . .


Reel Girl


WOOT! WOOT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Please email me your email address as well as your physical address to jana[dot]eubank[at]gmail[dot]com and we will get your prize to you! :D :D :D Yahooooo!!!! Gotta LOVE prizes!!! :D :D :D


******************************


Okay, I have one more thing for you! A new technique!!! Glittered Flowers!!!

I learned this from Morag Cutts . . . and it's the perfect way to add some texture and a sugary coating to all those gorgeous flowers that come in the Urban Anthology kits!

Here is what you do:

Choose your flowers. I wanted to go with an elegant feel, so I am going to do white on white.



Gather your paints. I tried this with Texture Magic (found by the Stencilling supplies at the craft store) as well as 3D Paint.
(Morag used a "Snow Writer", but I couldn't find one at my local craft store.)



"Goop" your flower up with your paint. I just did the centers, but it would also look pretty to do just the edges.





While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with your glitter. (I also did some brads.)



Allow to dry thoroughly. (The texture magic dries faster than the 3d paint . . . so you may need to allow the 3d paint to sit overnight)
Add to your project! Beautiful!!!




Thanks for coming by today!
I should be back to my regularly scheduled blogging sometime soon.

Thanks for understanding!
Hugs!
Jana

6 comments:

  1. WooHoo! I just sent you an email!

    Also, LOVE this flower technique!

    Thanks!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique Jana...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool technique jana! thx for sharing - gonna have to give this a try! have a great day!! :) smiles, m-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another way to get those flowers super glittery is to paint them with stickles...let dry...and then cover with mod podge. Works great everytime and makes them flowers a bit more durable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I soooo agree - the Bella new stuff is awesome! Cant wait to see your projects! Its hard to keep the projects a secret! :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...