Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!

Yes! In case you wondered there *IS* a day honoring this AWESOME hobby! :D :D :D Gotta love it!

I am on cloud nine! I had the best day yesterday . . . Here's why!

FIRST, I found out that I made the Urban Anthology Design Team!!! I've been competing in a Design Star Challenge over there for the last several weeks and have had so much fun! The team over there is amazing! The kits are amazing! And I feel so honored to be able to join them! Thank you, Kari!!!



Just check out the May Kit!!! This gorgeous kit is sold out, but Kari has more on order and you have until the 15th to request to be on the Waiting List HERE (email Kari).







SECOND, my friend, Tawya Parker, brought me this adorable purse she made for me. I LOVE IT!!! I just love the colors, the buttons, EVERYTHING!!! And can you believe that it is made out of dishtowels?!!! Cool, huh?!!! (She also makes adorable seasonal dishtowels . . . I'll have to take a picture of those to share for next time.) Thanks, Tawnya!!! ;)



Then the mail came . . .

I received the INCREDIBLE Noel Mignon Penny Arcade kit (did you see my new fancy header? Yep! I made it with this gorgeous kit! :D)



and I received my Creating Keepsakes June 2009 magazine!

Check this out!



Yep! My first published layout!!! Woooooo to the Hoooooooo! :D :D :D



Now isn't that a fabulous way to start a weekend! I'm pretty excited about it all and can't stop smiling!

Thanks so much for letting me share!
Talk to you again, soon!

Jana

28 comments:

  1. Huge congrats to you on the publication and on the new DT! That purse is too cute! Love your new blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome news!!! Congrats!!! I can't believe that is your first published layout!!!! Congrats, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jana!!!! Talk about an amazing day!!!!! Congrats, congrats and congrats again! :D
    Your fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, forgot to say: I love your new banner! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, girl! Go buy a lottery ticket! You're on a roll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!!! You are having a *wonderful* day!!!! How exciting, good for you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful day Jana, many blessings! Congrats on your publication, so exciting. And that purse is too cute, can't believe it's made out of dish towels...does your friend have an ETSY shop?
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I check your blog out every morning.It's like the best start to my day along with the coffee. I can not believe that you have never been published before! That's insane.

    I am envious of all your goodies arriving at your door.Where do you keep it all?

    That is one beautiful purse,how creative of her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Love all your work....

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOT! Congrats to you Jana!!! Your work is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A HUGE Congrats Jana both on the DT and being pubbed! Long overdue if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge Congrats on being published and making the DT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Jana- So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jana~Way to go - you are deserving to all of the good news you just received!!!! Congratulations on everything - Love all you shared with us...plus your new header is very cool!!!! You are sooo sweet for sharing the kits with us - so much cool stuff..gotta have it all...LOL
    Have a great day!!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge congrats! I love the Noel Mignon kits and just got that Webster's paper and am loving it! Congrats on your first published layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOO HOO!!!

    Congrats on the pub and the new DT spot!! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! Huge congrats - that sounds like a Fabulous way to start the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the DT at Urban Anthology and your first publication! You so deserve it! Love the new header - I am so stalking that Penny Arcade kit! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HUGE congrats girl! can't wait to see what you create with the UA kits!!!

    woohoo on your pub, i would be on cloud 9 too!!!! :)

    have a creative day,

    AmyW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Jana! What a thrilling weekend for you. Congrats on your new DT position and your first publication--that is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being pubed and on your new DT position. I think all of your layouts are pub worthy! The header is awesome too, you are such an enabler on the kit clubs you design for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on all your good news, Jana! You deserve it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jana that is wonderful news!! Congrats on the DT and being published! (although I am surprised it took them this long - your work is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jana, congrats on your publication and of course the nw DT!!! Way to go! Love your work.....I am a huge fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done on a great layout! Now you are becoming famous..

    My friend, Kim Watson's layout is featured on the cover of the June CK.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jana...I saw this yesterday when I got it in the mail! So so happy for you!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't believe it!!! I just got this issue today and was looking through for insprirtion for the layouts I need to do for my scrapbook group next week. I saw this layout in the CK magazine and tore it out to use for some major mojo! Then I was surfing my favorite blogs when one had a link to yours and here you are with the layout I just saw!!! It's kind of liike a Kevin Bacon thingie. Anyway, I will be visiting your blog often. Your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to My New Blog

Just wanted to pop in here to let you know that you can now SUBSCRIBE to my new blog by clicking on the link below. Subscribe in a reader ...